Copper is one of the most popular scrap metals we see from day to day at Bee Green… and for good reason! For over ten thousand years, humanity has used (and re-used via scrapping) this metal. This metal’s versatility, ease of mining, ability to be reshaped at low temperatures, and other interesting properties make it one of the most ubiquitous metals on the planet Cool, huh? Check out some other interesting facts about the world’s most versatile and useful metal!
- It’s biostatic, which means it is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. The properties of this metal inhibit the protein reproduction in the cells of germs, which interrupts their life cycle. This has a huge range of applications, and both copper and its alloys are used extensively in the medical field to help stop the spread of bacteria. From doorknobs to faucets, to toilet handles to gym equipment, if it’s made from copper, it’s more likely to be clean!
- Speaking of faucets… because copper is so malleable yet strong, all the while being corrosion resistant. It makes for excellent pipes, and has for thousands of years!
- It is highly conductive – more so than most other metals! Additionally, it can conduct this electricity with less overall volume… meaning more electricity, less weight and space. As you can imagine, this has huge applications in the computer and electronics industry. Ever wonder how something as small as your phone is able to be so powerful while weighing so little? You can thank copper for that!
- It is used in its purest forms. Most metals used extensively in modern applications are alloys, meaning combinations of two or more metals. Not this impressive metal! Pure copper is still a staple of modern industry! However…
- It is easily combines with other metals to make purpose-built alloys. These alloys serve a huge variety of different functions. It truly is one of the most important and versatile metals on earth!
Here’s the kicker – it is easily recoverable, recyclable, and reusable. As you can imagine after reading all of the cool facts about copper above, this metal is constantly in EXTREMELY high demand… which means money in your pockets when you scrap it!
Bring Your Scrap Copper to Bee Green
We’d love to pay you a fair, honest, and rewarding price for any and all of your scrap copper. Bring it on up to Bee Green and get paid!
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We’d be happy to help! You can reach us at 804-912-2498 or contact us online.